Transit Time is the overall time required for a shipment to be transported from any of Shipbob’s fulfillment centers to its delivery destination. The average time in transit varies depending on the shipping zone and carrier service selected.
Shipping costs are applied based on the shipping method used as well as the shipping zone (Shipping zone charts by fulfillment center) and weight/dimensions of the package.
Guaranteed Delivery: Most carriers do not guarantee a delivery date for standard shipments. Delivery dates are subject to change and in most cases, tracking will update to reflect the new estimated delivery date.
You can file claims for domestic orders with guaranteed service levels that are delayed (2-day and Overnight). This only applies to domestic orders, and we will not reimburse orders that were delayed due to weather conditions, natural disasters, service disruptions, etc.
What can I tell my customers?
We do not recommend listing average transit times as guaranteed time frames for standard shipments. Carrier delays can occur without warning and these shipments are not refunded.
General transit time estimates:
- Standard carrier options (domestic): 4-7 business days
- Standard carrier options (international) 7-30 business days
- Expedited carrier options (domestic): 2-4 business days
- Expedited carrier options (international): 4-12 business days
Carrier types and services:
- First class: For USPS shipments under 1lb only. Packages usually arrive at their domestic destination within 1-3 business days depending on the shipping zone.
- Priority: For USPS shipments over 1lb or if Priority is selected. Packages usually arrive at their domestic destination within 1-3 business days depending on the shipping zone. International shipments can take 2-3 weeks for final delivery
- Priority Mail Express: Expedited service. 1-2 day delivery within the U.S. Estimated 3-5 business days internationally.
*For international shipments, the actual number of days varies based on destination and customs delays.
- Mail Innovations: UPS Mail Innovations works in conjunction with USPS. Packages are processed and transferred to the U.S. Postal Service within 48 hours. USPS will then deliver the shipment within 3-5 business days, on average. Shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, or international will take over 7 business days. International shipments can take 2-3 weeks for final delivery and tracking information may be limited.
- Surepost: UPS Surepost is an economy service that works in conjunction with USPS. Estimated delivery of 5-7 business days within the U.S. Transferring to USPS for final delivery can add an additional 1-2 days of processing time.
- Ground: Estimated delivery of 5-7 business days within the U.S. and up to 2 weeks internationally. For international shipments, a commercial invoice from the merchant’s online store is required for customs clearance.
- 2-Day: 2 business day delivery from UPS pickup date for domestic shipments.
- Overnight: 1 business day delivery from UPS pickup date for domestic shipments.
- No overnight options are available for international shipments.
- No overnight options are available for orders placed on weekends. Overnight Orders placed on Thursday afternoon will arrive on Monday.
- DHL Global Mail / eCommerce: Estimated delivery of 5-7 business days within the U.S. and up to 2-3 weeks internationally. Tracking information may be limited to certain destinations.
- *DHL eCommerce, will not deliver to business addresses in Canada and should be shipped DHL Express.
- DHL Max: (USPS Priority Alternative): 3-5 business days in the U.S. and up to 2 weeks internationally. Often used as a cheaper alternative to USPS Priority shipping. Packages are transferred to USPS for final delivery which may add an extra 1-2 days to total transit time. Contact the Shipbob merchant care team if you do not want DHL max used as an alternative to USPS Priority.
- DHL Express: International Only. 4-12 business days. A commercial invoice from the merchant’s online store is required for customs clearance.
International only. A comparable alternative to DHL global mail. Transit times can range from 1-3 weeks and tracking information may be limited for certain destinations.
- Ground: Cost-effective, on-time delivery in 1 to 7 business days.
- Home Delivery: 1–5 business days within the contiguous U.S., 3−7 business days to and from Alaska and Hawaii.
- 2Day: Door-to-door delivery in 1 to 2 business days by 5 p.m. to businesses and by 8 p.m. to residences.
- Standard Overnight: Door-to-door, next business day to businesses by 5 p.m. and by 8 p.m. to residences.
- Priority Overnight: Door-to-door, next-business-day, morning delivery.
- Smart Post: Typically 2–7 business days based on the distance to your destination.
Recommended Ship Option Settings:
Domestic Settings (lowest rate)
To ensure the lowest available rate is chosen, you can set ship options to “Standard” with no particular carrier option selected. With all carrier options available, the system will default to the lowest available option in each case.“Standard” is the only ship option that guarantees the rate listed on the standard pricing sheet.
For international shipping, we highly recommend setting ship options to “Standard” or “Expedited” depending on the required time frame for delivery. There are currently no “Overnight” services available for orders shipping internationally so "Expedited" would be the quickest method while "Standard" would be the most cost-effective.
Shipping to all destinations worldwide involves a lot of variation and we are not currently set up to predict case by case situations. When “Standard” or “Expedited” is selected, the system will default to the lowest available option in each case. Some destinations will have more available options than others.
International Expedited Carriers
Usually for expedited international shipping, the options are DHL International Expedited, UPS mail innovations, or USPS Priority Mail Express. We don’t have international rate sheets for specific expedited options since they are not always available for every destination. We do have a rate sheet for the overall “International Expedited” shipping option which includes all carriers.
When general “Expedited” is set in the ship options for international orders, the system will automatically choose the most cost-effective express rate available. The cost would correspond to what is listed on the "International Expedited" rate sheet.