Rules are recurring, automated procedures that can help us provide our merchants with a smooth fulfillment process. Every rule has two mandatory components: Trigger and Action. Most rules will also have Conditions.
Trigger: Specifies when the rule will apply - when the action should occur. In ShipBob the trigger is always order import.
Action: Specifies the final outcome. For example, add a gift card for every order.
Conditions: Specifies any restrictions or limitations applied to the rule. For example, add a gift card for every order with more than 5 items. Conditions are optional and are not necessary for creating a rule.
The following table will allow you to understand which rules we support. Special rules/custom rules are not supported and we will not create them.
If the rule you want to create is available for your account (according to this doc), reach out to your account executive or our merchant care team and we will set it up for you.
Actions - In ShipBob we have 3 available actions:
- Add Product
- Ignore Order
- Request Signature
Conditions - In ShipBob we have 7 available conditions.
Conditions availability changes according to the platform used. In order to make sure the rule you wish to apply for your account works please use the following table:
- We can't create rules for specific items in the cart.
- We can't create a double negative rule. Example: If the order doesn't contain tag X, don't import the order. We can do the following: If the order contains tag X, don't import the order.
- Rules will not apply when adding orders manually, using Excel or for developer API (custom API).
- If you have multiple stores, rules will apply to all unless the condition is not supported in one of the stores.
- You can combine several rules for the same account. Example: If the order's total is 100$ → add a gift card. If the order contains tag X → add t-shirt.There is no hierarchy between the rules. If conditions are met the action will occur.
- You can create a rule that contains 2 or more conditions (up to 25 per rule):Example: If the order's total is 100$ and contains more than 5 items → add a gift card.
- We don't support OR statements. Example: if the order total is 100$ OR contains 5 items → add a gift card.
- In case we can't create a certain rule on ShipBob, you can use e-commerce platform apps like Shopify flow or smart tags.