Note: If you already have the legacy Zapier API enabled on your account, please DO NOT install the new integration to your account without emailing email@example.com. If you are a legacy user, please click here to manage your integration.
Overview of the integration
With Zapier + ShipBob integration, available on the ShipBob Apps & Integrations page, you can automate daily tasks without coding anything like getting automatic notifications when a package delivery fails, receiving slack notifications when inventory levels fall below your reorder points, and more! If you have a workflow that you would like to automate to help save time, Zapier may be able to help.
Setting up your integration
Visit the Apps & Integrations page in your ShipBob dashboard
Find Zapier and click “Get App” on the listing page
Accept invite to use ShipBob on Zapier
When making your first Zap, search for the ShipBob app when defining a trigger.
5. Select a trigger event from the dropdown. This is what starts the Zap.
6. Sign into ShipBob using your email address and ShipBob password to finalize authorization
7. Next, create a channel name to identify the store you want to create Zaps and select Allow & Install to grant Zapier permission to use your data.
8. Once a trigger has been created and tested you can then move on to creating an Action in step two.
9. Choose the app and action event you want performed when the Zap runs.
10. Turn on the Zap you created in the top right corner of the Zap. You can also Share the Zap created with others.
How to use Zapier
You can customize and automate almost any workflow you need for your team without having to manually write code! Here are some basic functions:
Zap: This is an automated workflow that connects your apps and services together. Each Zap consists of a trigger event and one or more actions.
Trigger Events: This is the what starts the Zap (e.g. “Shipment in Exception”)
Action Event: An action that is performed when the trigger (Zap) runs.
Filters: You can set specific rules/conditions for your Zaps to follow when triggers have been set up.
The following features are currently available with the ShipBob/Zapier integration:
Trigger when an order is shipped
Trigger to get an order that is made
Create an order to be fulfilled by ShipBob (multiple line items supported)
Trigger to get a product that is created
Trigger to create a product
Trigger to get a return order that is created
Create a return order
Trigger to get a WRO (Warehouse Receiving Order) that is created
Create a WRO
Trigger when a shipment is delivered
Trigger when a shipment is in exception
Trigger when a shipment is on hold