Manual orders are orders in the ShipBob dashboard that are not synced through an e-commerce store.
1. Create individual orders manually
2. Upload multiple orders at once via a spreadsheet
***Manually created orders or orders uploaded via Excel that require a custom shipping box or packaging item must show that box as one of the items listed in the order.
To create a new individual order:
1. Go to the "New Order" tab
2. Insert your recipient’s name. The form will auto-populate any existing contacts
3. Insert your recipient’s contact information. If our system does not recognize the address, it will notify you and give you an option to continue anyway. Please note that you can edit the address later in the process.
4. Next, begin to type in the item name in the "Item Name" section and select the item from the list of item names that auto-populates. Enter a quantity value under the "QTY" section and click the "+" button to add the order item.
5. Click "Save Items."
Note: The order is "Under Review" while our system checks and allocates specific items. This can take between 5-10 minutes to be updated to the appropriate status (i.e. Processing or Exceptions). You can edit order details until the order has been picked. Make sure you review the recipient information, shipping option (Standard is the default option), carrier service, and insurance before finalizing the order.
To upload via Excel:
*Note: please do NOT alter cell formatting in the spreadsheet you are uploading!
1. Go to Orders > Processing
2. Hover your mouse over the red Actions button and select “Download Order Import Template”.
3. Once you've entered in the address, item names, and quantities into the excel template, save the excel document. Then, upload the excel onto the ShipBob dashboard by clicking Actions > "Import Orders Through Excel".
Note: When filling out the template, make sure that (1) the zip codes are only 5 digits long and (2) you enter the SKU name (not number) under the 'ItemName' column exactly as it’s written on your ShipBob Add/view Products page.