Learn here how to sync your store on Walmart to ShipBob.
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Quick Setup.
2. Click on Store Integration and select Walmart.
You will see the following page:
3. To input the details, you first need to log in to your Walmart store and click on "Consumer IDs & Private Keys" under "API" in the General Settings panel.
4. Input the following:
A. Consumer ID
B. Private Key
i) Generate Key: If you don't have any API integrations with your store, you'll see the "Generate Key" option. Click this.
ii) Regenerate Key: If you already have other API integrations with your Walmart store, you'll see the 'Regenerate Key' option. Click this.
Warning: By clicking this, you will need to re-connect all other integrations with Walmart using this new Private Key.
C. Channel Type
5. Once you input the above values into the ShipBob dashboard (see screenshot below), click "Link Store Now."
6. Click "Sync Your Inventory."
7. Check "Sync inventory" and click on "Save."
8. Click "Account Settings."
9. To automatically import orders from your store, check "Fetch Orders Every 2 Hours" and click "Save."
Note: If you do NOT want ShipBob to automatically import orders, you will have to fetch and select orders manually. To do this, go to "Sync Orders" in the sidebar. Under "Walmart", click on the blue "Fetch Orders" button.
See more on syncing orders manually and automatically here: How to sync orders from your online store(s)