Click on the order ID for orders with a Processing or Exception status to view order's details and make changes as needed.
You can edit the following:
- Recipient address/information
- Order items and quantities
- Shipping option
- Add insurance to order
Note: Orders in Processing status can only be edited if our team has not started fulfilling them. If the order has been picked but not labeled, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may further assist you.
Edit Order Details:
1. In your ShipBob dashboard, go to Orders.
2. Click on the blue order ID # of the order you want to edit.
1. Click on Edit Customer Info.
2. Edit the recipient information and click Save.
Note: Orders in On-Hold status due to an invalid address will automatically move back to Processing when the address is updated.
You can edit the recipient information or address on any order that is in Processing or Exception status. Orders placed on hold must be moved to Processing before items can be edited. They can be moved back to On Hold after the edits have been made.
1. Click the blue Edit Items button on the top right of the order items list.
2. You can perform the following actions:
- Edit the quantity by deleting the old quantity and typing in a new quantity.
- Remove an existing item by clicking the "X" button to the right of the item listing.
- Use the Type to find your products field to add new items. Select the relevant item from the list.
- Add a quantity to an existing item by clicking the "+" button.
3. Click Save Items.
Edit Shipping Option:
1. Click the blue Edit button next to the Shipping Options headline
2. In the following pop-up screen you have 2 tabs: Standard tab, where you can choose between Ground, Expedited, and Overnight ship options. In the Advanced tab, you can select a specific carrier.
Note: Your specific Ship Option mapping may override these settings. For example, if DHL Max is set up as a Priority alternative, the package will still ship DHL when Priority is selected if it is the more cost-effective option.
In addition - If you have account level shipping option settings, they will override the ship option chosen here.
3. Click Save.
1. Click the blue Edit button next to the Insurance Value headline.
2. Insert the value (numeric) under Insurance Value.
3. Click Save.
Note: Insurance for an order is assessed at 1.875% of the value indicated and added to the order's invoice.
Q: What can I do if the order has tracking and the customer no longer wants one of the items?
A: A return label can be generated in the dashboard for any/all of the items to be shipped back.
Q: What can I do if the order has a tracking number and I want to add more items?
A: You can create a new order by copying the order and editing the items or create a new order from scratch.