Please follow the steps below to send inventory to ShipBob:
- Click on 'Inventory' on the side pane and then select 'Send Inventory'
- Under Step 1, please select the destination warehouse and click 'Next' to move to the next step. (Need help to decide where to send the inventory? - Talk to your account manager or write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- In Step 2, please indicate the SKUs and the respective quantities that you'll send. To do this, you can either import via excel or manually enter the SKU and quantities
Import via excel: Click on 'Import via Excel' (If needed, you can download your complete or active inventory in an excel). Click on 'Choose File' and select the file to be uploaded and click on 'Import'. Please ensure:
1. The excel is formatted with SKU name under column header ‘Title’ and SKU quantity under column header ‘Quantity’
2. Only items with quantity more than zero will be added to the receiving order
Manually enter SKU and quantities: Enter the SKU name and quantity and click 'Add'
To edit quantities, please delete the entry and re-create a new entry for that SKU. To delete an entry, click on 'Remove'
- Click 'Next' to save a draft of the WRO. Please note that at this point, the process is still incomplete. You can cancel the order by clicking on 'Cancel order' or save it and finish later by clicking on 'Finish Later'. Incomplete WROs can be accessed under 'Inventory' -> 'Warehouse Receiving Orders'
- Step 3 gives us clarity on how the shipment will arrive. First, select the mode of shipment - 'Small parcel' or 'Less than truckload'. If the packages will be shipped using carriers like USPS or UPS, choose 'Small Parcel'. If they will be shipped on a pallet or on a truck, choose 'Less than Truckload'
- Second, please select whether you'll generate your own label or want ShipBob to generate a shipping label
Own label: Enter an expected date of arrival for the package
ShipBob label: Enter the source address and click 'Add Address'. Please note that we currently do not support label generation for shipments coming from outside the US
- Third, please select how the boxes are packaged.
Everything in one box: All items are packaged in one box
One SKU per box: Each box has one SKU
Multiple SKU per box: Multiple SKUs might be in one box. For this option, please also tell us how many boxes you'll send
- In step 4, if you've selected 'One SKU per box' or 'Multiple SKU per box' options, please enter the quantity in each box and click 'Next'
If you're generating a ShipBob label, please enter the dimensions of the largest box. Click 'Show Rates' to select a carrier and get prices.
- Download all labels in Step 5 and click on 'Finish' to finish the process. Please ensure the labels are affixed outside each box.