How to send inventory to ShipBob - new process!
To send inventory to ShipBob you start by creating a Warehouse Receiving Orders, also known as a WRO. A WRO is a form provided by the client on each shipment to let ShipBob's receiving know what exactly is being sent to the warehouses.
WRO's helps our team understand what each item is, by providing us information like each items name and SKU, and it also lets us know how much of anything is being sent to us.
*Please note: you must attach the physical WRO slip to your physical inventory! Shipments with out a WRO attached or in the system may have delays until one has been created.
To create a WRO:
1. Click on 'Inventory' > 'Send Inventory'
2. Select the destination warehouse and click 'Next'. If you need help to decide where to send your inventory, talk to your account manager or click on the 'Help' button on the bottom right hand your dashboard.
3. Indicate the SKUs and the quantity that you'll send. You can either import via excel or manually enter the SKU and quantities.
4. Click 'Next' to save a draft of the WRO. Please note that at this point, the process is still incomplete. You can cancel the order by clicking on 'Cancel order' or save it and finish later by clicking on 'Finish Later'. Incomplete WROs can be accessed under 'Inventory' > 'Warehouse Receiving Orders'
5. Select the mode of shipment - 'Small parcel' or 'Less than truckload'. Note: If the packages will be shipped using carriers like USPS or UPS, choose 'Small Parcel'. If they will be shipped on a pallet or on a truck, choose 'Less than Truckload'
6. Select whether you'll generate your own label or a ShipBob shipping label
Own label: Enter an expected date of arrival for the package
ShipBob label: Enter the source address and click 'Add Address'. Please note that we currently do not support label generation for shipments coming from outside the US
7. Select how the boxes are packaged.
Everything in one box: All items are packaged in one box
One SKU per box: Each box has one SKU
Multiple SKU per box: Multiple SKUs might be in one box. For this option, please also tell us how many boxes you'll send
If you've selected 'One SKU per box' or 'Multiple SKU per box' options, please enter the quantity in each box and click 'Next'. Note: Please put 0 for any boxes spaces that are left blank.
If you're generating a ShipBob label, please enter the dimensions of the largest box. Click 'Show Rates' to select a carrier and get prices.
Download all labels and click on 'Finish' to finish the process. Please ensure the labels are affixed outside each box.
8. Attach the physical WRO to your physical inventory being sent!
How do I view Warehouse Receiving Orders (WROs)?
To view your Warehouse Receiving Order's (WRO), please sign in to your ShipBob account.
On the left column, hover over inventory and then click on Warehouse Receiving Orders.
Here you see any orders that are in awaiting (shipments in transit to our warehouse), in processing (WRO's our team is currently working on) and completed (WRO's that have been done in the past and recent).
Next Step: How to Manually Create Orders