Welcome to ShipBob's Quick Start Guide!
We're excited to have you on board! It is a privilege to work as your fulfillment partner and we're excited to grow alongside your business!
We have built our company to help you and your business to be successful online.
Our Dashboard was designed to put you in control of fulfillment and to use it to accomplish how you'd like to do this.
The information in the guide below has been selected from articles in our broader Help Center and is meant to serve as the fundamental guide to a successful partnership together.
We want to make sure all your questions are answered so don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Success team for help when you need it.
We're looking forward to working with you — let's get started!
-The ShipBob Team
ShipBob Quick Start Guide
1. Send Inventory/Receiving:
- How to fill out and send a WRO properly
- Turnaround times once it hits our docks
- What is "perfect inbound data" for seamless receiving?:
- WRO on exterior of each Shipping Unit (box or pallet)
- Easy visibility on the ETA
- Easy to identify items or photos uploaded to Product Details page if similar
- Tracking number entered per Shipping Unit (box or pallet)
- Correct QTY at both SKU and total level
- Items marked as Dangerous Goods (if applicable)
- Items marked as Lot (if applicable)
- All Shipping Units of same WRO arrive within 1-2 days
- Tariff codes:
- Please make sure to input tariff code, item description, and declared value at SKU level
- Use https://hts.usitc.gov/ and your clients as reference!
- We cannot ship internationally without a valid tariff code, item description, and declared value set on your account and products
2. Managing Inventory:
- Managing inventory through re-order notifications so that there are no lags in fulfillment for your orders
- Bundling products if any item in your store requires multiple products to be included with that item
- Merging products from multiple store/platform sources or if WRO was created before stores are synced
- Dangerous Goods designation
- What each order status is
- Processing - ready to be fulfilled and shipped. We have inventory in stock and order will receive tracking either same day or next business day (subject to pre 12pm cutoff time). Orders that have been fulfilled and received tracking will move to completed at midnight
- Completed - shipped orders; all completed orders will have tracking information in order details
- On Hold - not ready to be shipped. Orders that are not ready to be shipped can be placed ‘on hold’
- Exception - not able to be shipped. These are orders that ShipBob is not able to currently fulfill due to a variety of reasons: 1.New sku 2.No stock 3.Inactive sku
- Editing orders
- Only for orders with status “Exception” or “Processing” (can only be edited if our team hasn’t started fulfilling)
- Canceling orders
- Orders in processing can only be cancelled if the team hasn’t started fulfilling
- B2B/wholesale orders
- Turnaround times
- Important note about order import:
- Anything canceled in store that was imported into ShipBob has to be canceled in ShipBob, too
- If an order has already been imported into the ShipBob dashboard, any changes made to that order directly on the e-commerce platform will not be reflected in the order
4. Store Integration
- How to set up store integration(s)
- Auto-fetch and “Look Back Days”
- Only import orders marked the equivalent of both “Paid” and “Unfulfilled” in your store
- Any old orders not marked “Fulfilled” or equivalent will be imported
- Look Back Days: the date to which you want us to import orders from (e.g. set at 3/30/18 will only import orders in you store created 3/30/18 and later)
- Inventory sync
- New products need to be merged if multiple platform sources/not already in ShipBob
5. ShipOption Mapping
- How to set up ShipOption Mapping
- When a new option added in youre store, you must activate ShipOption Mapping in ShipBob
7. Expectations and Turnaround Times
- Turnaround times
- Operations errors do happen in the hands-on process of fulfillment
- Scans of packages do NOT happen at our facility, but at the carriers’ facilities
- Our lost in transit policies cover the details of how to get reimbursed
- You may see “pre-transit” on tracking for a day or two until it gets scanned at the carrier’s facility
- If something is truly lost in transit, we have you covered!
- Dimensional Weight
- Applied to anything over 1 lb
- The dashboard is your tool to help run your business!
- Our job is to coach and guide you on how to best utilize the dashboard for your business’s needs!