If you want to create an order but need to use a prepaid label (not generated by Shipbob), we have a new feature that makes this simple!
How it works:
1. Enter the date on which you want ShipBob to pick inventory - this will be the pick and pack date, not the ship date
2. Enter the date you want the order to ship out of the ShipBob fulfillment center
3. Upload a prepaid label/BOL for standard carrier or freight orders
What are the fees for pre-paid labels?
Pre-Paid fee's are $10 per box or $35 per man hour, depending on the service labor involved to prepare the order. Orders that require more than three boxes will be charged at the $35 hourly rate.
To create a new prepaid order:
1. Navigate to any order page. Under the red Actions tab, click "Create Prepaid Order" from the drop-down
2. Here you will need to select:
- The type of shipment: Standard Carrier or Freight (Palletized)
- When you want ShipBob to ship the order (or when the pallet will be picked up)
- When you want ShipBob to pick inventory. This is the date that ShipBob will pick, pack and reduce inventory count from your current count. You can choose up to 3 weeks before the ship date.
***Note: Depending on how many orders you ship, you may want to pack an order in advance to ensure there will be inventory available. Select "Same as ship date" if you do not want inventory set aside for an order. Select "24 hours" if you want the order packed right away. This will ensure the stock is still there when you are ready to ship!
3. Insert your contact's name. The form will auto-populate any existing contacts.
4. Insert your customer's contact information. If the system does not recognize the address, it will notify you and give you an option to continue anyway. Please note you can always edit the address later in the process.
5. Next, you will need to insert items into the order. Enter the item name, insert the quantity, and click the "+" button to insert more items
***Note: You will notice that the Order Type is now marked as "Prepaid" or "PrepaidFreight."
6. Once all items are added, click "Save Items:"
***Note: You can edit order details up until the order has been picked. Make sure you review the recipient information, shipping (Ground is the default option), carrier, and insurance option before finalizing the order.
7. Once your order pick date arrives, the package weight and dimensions will be available. You can then upload a prepaid label as an attachment. You can also subscribe to order updates for an auto-alert of when the order is packed!
Important Note: Please allow enough time between the pick date and the shipping date to generate and upload the order label.
8. Depending on your pick and ship date, you will see your order status change and can view the reason for the change in the order timeline.
To attach a prepaid label:
1. Go to the order details page and click "Upload Attachment" found under the order items section
2. You will see a pop-up window that will allow you to select/drag and drop your prepaid label (or other paperwork such as a bill of lading) file. Click the Upload button.
You can view your successfully attached Prepaid Label, in the order details page under the Order Attachment(s) section.
***Note: When scheduling a pickup for a prepaid label order, please make sure your carrier knows the company they are picking up for and has the correct paperwork and documentation.
Email email@example.com the date and estimated time you would like to pick up so we can ensure the order is ready when you arrive! We will respond with a confirmation.