How to Use Reorder Notifications
How to find your reorder point
- From your store's software portal or sales figures, look at Product/SKU velocity or demand.
- Find your Avg. Units Per Sold Per Day figure
- Factor in manufacturer’s lead time in days for sending inventory to a fulfillment center.
- Factor in ShipBob receiving turnaround of 5 business days (7 calendar days).
- Build in safety stock number of recommended 14 or more days in case of sudden demand spike
- Add day totals from #3, 4, and #5 above.
- Multiply by demand per day per #2 above.
- This number is your re-order point!
How to set reorder notifications
- Click on the item ID.
- Click Edit Product Details
- FOR FULFILLMENT CENTER LEVEL (recommended!) reorder notifications - scroll down to Product Locations, click Edit Reorder Points, and enter the points at which you'd like to be notified and click "Save Reorder Points"! ***Only re-order points set at this level will send an automatic email alert when the inventory drops below the re-order point.
- You will receive reorder notification emails to the main email address for the admin of your ShipBob account.