A lot number is an identification number assigned to a particular quantity or lot of material from a single manufacturer. The lot number enables tracing of the constituent parts or ingredients as well as labor and equipment records involved in the manufacturing of a product.
Our lot feature will now allow you to separate items based on their lot numbers. When you send us a lot item, we will not store it with other non-lot items, or other lots of the same item.
How to create a lot item
1. Go to the "Add/View Products" page under the Inventory tab
2. Check the item.
3. Mark the item as a "Lot Product."
4. Click "Save Changes" under Actions.
5. If an item is marked as a lot item, when you create a WRO for that item, you will be required to enter the lot number and/or the expiration date of that item in Step 3.
Note: If you want to send different lots of the same item, all you have to do is enter that item multiple times in step 2.
Note: You must enter at least one of the fields, and can enter both if needed.
6. When we receive the WRO, we will put in a separate location in our inventory, unless we have the same item with the same lot number already in our warehouse.