A lot number is an identification number assigned to a particular quantity or lot of material from a single manufacturer. The lot number enables tracing of the constituent parts or ingredients as well as labor and equipment records involved in the manufacturing of a product.
Our lot feature will allow you to separate items based on their lot numbers. When you send us a lot item, we will not store it with other non-lot items, or other lots of the same item.
Create a Lot Item:
1. From the ShipBob dashboard click on Inventory, then click Products.
2. Mark the checkbox next of the products you want to mark as lot products.
3. Click on the Actions button and choose Mark as Lot/Not Lot from the drop-down list.
- Once a product is marked as a lot product you must enter at least one of the fields (lot number/expiration date).
- If you want to send different lots of the same product, enter that product multiple times and insert the matching lot number/expiration date
When we receive the WRO, we will store the items in separate locations, according to their lot number.