Rather than manually re-creating an order, you can duplicate an order by copying it. Below is a list of reasons when one should copy an order:
- When the original shipment is lost in transit and you want to reship the customer their order
- Copy the order and we'll reship! If you need to edit the address, items, or ship method, see this article.
- When you would like to reship an order that was returned to sender to a different address. Again, make sure to edit the address by following the instructions in this article.
- When the inventory items needed to fulfill an order are split into different warehouses and the order is in exceptions.
- Our system will only choose 1 fulfillment center per order. You can copy the order to move the "exception" items to a separate order and the fulfillment centers for each will be assigned accordingly.
- When the customer would like to exchange any of their items.
- You can copy the order to ship the new items and generate a return label for the original items to be shipped back.
- When you would like certain items in one order to ship in separate boxes.
To copy an order
1. Go to the Orders page
2. Check the box to the left of the order you wish to copy.
3. Go to the "Actions" tab on the upper right of the page and select "Copy Orders" from the drop-down menu.
4. A pop-up window will ask you to confirm the order. When you confirm, a new copy order will be created from the original.
Note: To remove items or add new items you must first copy the order and then edit it after in the new order details page. You will find the order in the "All" section of the Orders page.