The ability to merge products is designed to help manage multiple SKUs from multiple platforms while maintaining inventory for the primary SKU only. For example, if you sell a blue t-shirt on Shopify and you sell the same blue t-shirt on Amazon you should merge them on the ShipBob dashboard so we know it is the same identical product and manage the inventory accordingly.
Merging should also be used for products with multiple SKUs sold on the same platform. For example, if you have a subscription model, where the same product is sold for different prices it should be merged on the ShipBob dashboard (if the product still has the same SKU, no need to merge).
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Inventory and then click Products.
2. Select products to be merged by marking the checkbox next to the products name. Then click on the green Actions button and choose Merge Products from the drop-down list.
3. Review and confirm products to be merged. Click Yes to confirm.
4. On the product details page, you can see all products merged under the parent product.
Add Products to a parent product:
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Inventory and then Products. Click on the product ID# to open the product details page. Under Merged Products click on Add Products.
2. Type the name of the product into the search bar, then select the relevant product and click Merge Product.
Unmerging products is done using the product details page.
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Inventory and then Products. Click on the product ID# to open the product details page. Under Merged Products click on Unmerge Options.
2. Click Unmerge for the product you need to unmerge and confirm.