At ShipBob, we want to eliminate the tedious work of preparing inventory for Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) to let you focus on the core of your business.
You can transfer inventory from any ShipBob fulfillment center to any FBA facility. ShipBob will prep the orders with FBA item labels and box labels, acting as your central logistics hub.
To send a request to transfer inventory to Amazon, follow the steps below:
First, create an FBA Shipment
1. Go to the Amazon Seller Central and create an FBA Shipment for the items you want ShipBob to send to an FBA location.
- Click on "Manage Inventory" under the "Inventory" tab. Mark the item/s that you want to send to create a shipment plan for, and under actions click "Send/Replenish Inventory"
- In the "Ship From" field, choose the ShipBob FC you want to ship your inventory out of. (Click here for the full list of our FC addresses).
- In the "Packing Type" field, choose "Individual Products." (We currently only support individual product packing.)
- Click "Continue to shipping plan."
2. Complete all steps through Review Shipment. Download the item labels for each item and choose the 44 labels per page (48.5 mm x 25.4 mm on A4) option. Before clicking "Approve Shipments," please review all the information you have entered.
Provide ShipBob with all relevant inventory transfer information
3. On the ShipBob dashboard, select to "Inventory Transfer" on the left and click "Transfer Inventory."
Note: Each FBA shipment needs to be entered as a unique transfer in the ShipBob system.
4. Enter the requested information:
- The FBA Shipment ID can be located in your Amazon Seller Central dashboard.
- Make sure to choose the ShipBob FC location you entered when creating the FBA shipment ("Ship from" address).
- The destination is the "Ship to" address.
- "Reserve inventory date" is the date we will be picking your order.
- "Ship Date" is the date we will send your inventory out (Note: please allow at least 48 hours in between these two days in order to prep your order).
5. Once the draft order is created, choose the items and quantity you want to send. This needs to be the same item and quantity you put in your FBA shipment.
6. Upload the sticker PDF you downloaded from Seller Central for each item added.
7. Press save. Your order will begin to be processed.
8. When you subscribe to order updates, we will notify you at pick and pack of the order so that you can get the dimensions and weights on the order. Enter this information in you Seller Central account in the Prepare Shipment step, please download the box labels and shipping label (if you chose this option)
For parcels, Amazon FBA orders have a 50lb weight limit per box.
For freight, Amazon FBA orders have a 1500lb weight limit per pallet.
Note: If the order exceeds the weight stated here, we will split the order.
9. Attach the box labels and prepaid shipping labels to the order you created in the order. Make sure you choose the correct attachment type when uploading.
Note: If Amazon provided you the box labels and prepaid labels on the same page, upload the document twice - once as a Prepaid Label and once as Amazon Box Label.
10. Once you upload the labels, we will be verifying on our end. We will print the box label and, if requested, your prepaid label and attach to your shipment. Once "Ship Date arrives, we will ship out your package.
Note: If labels and/or BOL aren't attached by Ship Date, we will keep this order on hold.
11. The transferred inventory will remain "In Transit" status on your inventory page. Once the inventory arrives at Amazon, please come back to the "Inventory Transfer" page and click "Confirm Arrival" and we will balance your inventory.
Amazon FBA prep includes the following fees:
1. Picking Fee: $0.25 per item.
Example: Picking 100 cups individually out of the bins: $0.25*100 = $25
2. Sticker Fee: $0.20 per sticker. Amazon requires a sticker for each item shipped. For case packed items we will place a sticker for every item in that case.
3. Labeling Fee:
- Purchase ShipBob shipping.
- Prepaid label - $10 per label fee.