A bundle is a collection of items that will be shipped together. Creating a bundle will group multiple items under 1 main SKU. Note: A bundle SKU is not a real product for its own, it is a 'container' that includes at least one SKU and multiple items (2 or more).
Kitting VS. Bundling
Kitting is aimed to accommodate your business unique needs for how items are being shipped to your customers. When your orders require our fulfillment center associates to specifically arrange the items in that order, it would need to go through the kitting process (e.g. multiple component pieces that are separate at inventory arrival and need to be assembled or put together). You can read more about kitting here.
A bundle contains several different items (not one item with multiple pieces) that are being shipped together. No special assembly/preparation is needed to ship the order.
Create a Bundle:
- The primary bundle SKU must be Active.
- The primary bundle SKU should not have inventory on hand.
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Inventory and then click Products page.
2. Select the product you would like to create as a bundle by marking the checkbox on the right side of the product's name. Click on the green Actions button and select Create Bundle from the drop-down list.
2. Add product to the bundle by choosing the relevant product name from the drop-down list. Then, enter the quantity to add (numeric). Quantity to add is the number of items that will be added to each bundle. Once finished click on Add to Bundle.
Note: You must add at least one product to the primary bundle.
3. To add more products, click on Add Item on the product details page.
*You can edit/remove existing products in the bundle by clicking on Edit.
Add Items to an Existing Bundle:
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Inventory and then click Products page. Click on the product ID you want to add to a bundle.
2. On the product details page click on Add to Bundle.
2. Under Bundle Name search and select any of the existing bundles. Enter the number of the items you want to add to each bundle and click Save Bundle.
3. You can see the list of bundles the product is a part of on the bottom of the product details page under Within Bundles.