Kitting is aimed to accommodate your business unique needs for how items are being shipped to your customers. When your orders require our fulfillment center associates to specifically arrange the items in that order, it would need to go through the kitting process. Examples:
- Multiple component pieces are separate at inventory arrival and need to be assembled or put together.
- You would like us to prepare the inventory in a particular way for your customers.
- You would like us to breakdown inventory from a case into single units (or vice versa).
Pricing and Fees: kitting is $0.40 per unit per kit/item.
Kitting turnaround time is at least 5 business days.
- To manage your kitting inventory levels, use reorder notifications so you can be notified before your end-kitted item is out of stock.
Note: Your component pieces and end kitted products must be synced and marked as active in the Inventory section of the dashboard for you to create kitting request orders.
A. Create a manual B2B order:
Note: For every kitting project, you should create a separate order.
1. From the ShipBob dashboard, click on Orders and then click New Order.
2. On the pop-up screen, click on Business. Fill the following fields exactly as described below:
- Recipient Name: Enter Item ID of the end-kitted product.
- Enter KITTING in all Recipient Information fields: Search Recipient/Company Name, Company Name, Full Name of Contact at Company, Email Address, Phone Number, Address (including zip code). The only EXCEPTION is the country field: Enter US.
- Choose Parcel, then choose ShipBob Buys.
- Packing Instructions: Any specific instructions for packing and assembly should be entered here.
- Add Items to Order: Include all Item IDs that assembles the end kit, add the quantity needed of each item to create the kit.
- Shipping Information: For Reserve date select today's date. Ship date is not relevant for the kitting process (choose the closest date possible).
- Review the order to make sure all details are accurate. Then click on Create Order.
B. Create a WRO
To store your new kitted SKU, we need to receive it just like any other inventory.
1. Create a WRO for the NEW inventory item (end-kitted).
2. Upload the WRO as an attachment to the order you have created (step A).