What is kitting?
ShipBob's fulfillment associates can perform kitting of your inventory to accommodate your unique needs for the way in which your items are being shipped to your customers. Common applications for kitting include:
- Multiple component pieces are separate at inventory arrival and need to be assembled or put together
- You would like us to prepare the inventory in a particular way for your customers
Per our Pricing and Fees, kitting is assessed at $0.40 per unit per kit/item.
How to request inventory kitting
Note: Your component pieces and end kitted products must be synced and active in the Inventory section of the dashboard for you to create kitting request orders and for us to kit.
1. Manually create an order for the kitting request as explained here. You will need to create one order per kitting project, with below information:
- Enter description of end product as the Recipient Name.
- Enter "KITTING" for all other Recipient Information fields, including zip code EXCEPT country, which should be "US".
- Include all component Item IDs and quantities of each needed to kit the end product/item.
- Any specific instructions, photos, etc. should be uploaded as attachments to the order(s).
3. Please submit a ticket to our customer success team (as explained here) with the below information:
- Subject line: "KITTING REQUEST, Attn: City CS Team"
- List all Order ID(s) for kitting project(s) based on the manually created orders
- Our team will confirm your kitting project and expected completion date
Note: Please use reorder notifications to manage inventory levels for kitting. Allow at least 5 business days turnaround for kitting to be completed.