1) Can ShipBob book freight shipments?
Yes. Our Freight Specialist will help you book freight to send inventory to/from our Fulfillment Center.
Please fill out the Freight Request Form here. Once all of the necessary information is received, our Freight Specialist will send a quote for approval within 24 business hours. Only after receiving confirmation for the quoted price will the freight be booked.
For Wholesale & B2B order: please create an order and include the ShipBob order number in the freight request form
Note: There are prep charges included for any freight shipment from ShipBob.
2) Does ShipBob book international freight?
Yes. Using Freightos, you can book your international shipment to any ShipBob fulfillment center. For more information, click here.
3) How do I know if my shipment is a freight shipment?
Any shipment over 150lbs and/or with dimensions larger than 30” L X30” W X30” H is likely a freight shipment.
There are 3 types of freight shipments:
- Less than Truck Load (LTL) = 1 to 6 pallets
- Partial Truck Load (PTL) = 6 to 12 pallets
- Full Truck Load (FTL) = 12 to 24 pallets
4) What is the typical size of a pallet?
A typical pallet is:
48” L X 40” W X #” H
48” L X 48” W X #” H
48” L X 96” W X #” H
(Note: The height of the pallet varies)
5) What is the maximum height of a pallet?
The max. height of a pallet is 80” for PTL and LTL. The max. height of a pallet for a FTL is 96”.
6) What is the maximum number of pallets that I can send?
There is no minimum; however, 24-26 pallets will fit in one full truck load.
7) What if the pickup location/destination does not have access to a lift gate or fork lift?
This is not a problem; however, locations with a dock or forklift will normally have higher transit rates.
Note: All ShipBob fulfillment centers have a loading dock/fork lift.
8) What information do you need to provide to get a Quote?
Please fill out the form: https://support.shipbob.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Once the form is submitted, our freight specialist will get back to you within 24 Business Hours after the form is filled out with the quote.
9) How long is a freight quote valid?
Once the quote is sent by the freight specialist, you have 72 hours to confirm the quote. If you do not confirm the quote in 72 hours, then you must submit a new request.
10) Who needs to create the order & WRO?
You (the client) are expected to create the order & WRO. For more information on creating and submitting a WRO, click here.
11) What is the procedure after freight is booked?
- The freight can only be booked once the inventory is ready to be picked up.
- Once the freight is booked, a bill of landing (BOL) will be sent to the shipper. Three copies of the BOL are needed for this shipment: one copy for the driver, one copy for the shipper, and one copy for the recipient.
- WRO must be attached to all the pallets, and the number of pallets must be clearly labeled. (Ex: If sending 2 pallets, each pallet will require a WRO and should be labeled 1/2 and 2/2, respectively.)
12) What does the shipper need to do when the inventory is picked up?
- Make sure someone who is authorized to sign off on the shipments is present when the truck arrives.
- When the freight is loaded, the driver needs to sign the shipper's BOL and attach the pro label.
- After the inventory is picked up, the freight specialist will keep track of the inventory.
- After the freight has reached its destination, a final confirmation will be sent to the shipper.
- In case of loss/damage to inventory, our freight specialist will reach out to the shipper.
- Best practice: take pictures of the inventory prior to loading.
13) What if the inventory is shipped without a WRO?
The fulfillment center will not receive the inventory until the WRO is created. The boxes will get a URO status and will be charged accordingly.
14) What happens if the freight is not picked up or delivered on time?
Unfortunately, there can be a day variability sometimes when inventory is picked up or delivered. The freight companies try to pool inventory from various pickup locations for LTL and PTL, which can cause a delay in pickup/delivery time.
Note: There is no compensation or refund for delay in pickup/drop off on inventory.
15) How can I avoid any additional chargers?
When providing the information to the freight specialist, please provide accurate information for weight, dimensions, lift gate requirements, missed pickup, missed delivery, etc. For example, if the weight is off by a pound or dimensions are off by an inch, the freight company will charge an additional fee.
16) What if the inventory is damaged or lost in transit?
This will be handled on a case by case basis. ShipBob will be the intermediary between the shipper and freight company and will handle the entire claim process on behalf of the shipper.
In this unfortunate circumstance, please provide ShipBob with all information regarding the shipment as soon as possible. This will help speed up the claim process. The amount will be refunded only after the claim is settled.
17) How long does a claim take to process?
The claim process can take anywhere between 1-6 months to be solved.
18) What information do I need to provide to file a claim?
- Proof of delivery (POD)
- Photos of inventory when shipped
- Photos of actual damages (to packaging and/or goods)
- The original invoice showing the cost paid for the goods.
- A repair estimate (if applicable)
For any other questions regarding freight, please contact our team: email@example.com