Test orders are essential for making sure each element of the order is transferred perfectly from your store to the Shipbob dashboard.
By creating a test order you can identify the following problem areas:
- Sku IDs that need to be merged
- Bundles that need to be set up
- Ship options that need to be mapped
These things should be quick and painless to set up but can become a hassle when dealing with hundreds or even thousands of orders. Working on a single test order before importing many others can save you a great deal of time and effort.
How to do it:
- Create an order in your store for the items/skus/ shipping options you want to test (the address can be to yourself)
- Make sure the order is marked paid and import it to the dashboard
- Review the order details for accuracy. If you need any assistance setting something up, place the order on-hold and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the order ID.
Imported orders will ship! When you’re finished testing, be sure to cancel the order right away to prevent it from shipping or leave the order on-hold if further troubleshooting is needed.