NOTE: On July 1, 2018, Shopify will implement a change to their API affecting all fulfillment integrations, including ShipBob. All items in a Shopify store must be linked with a Fulfillment Service. Without a Fulfillment Service linked to your store, we will be unable to upload tracking to your orders and mark them as fulfilled.
To prevent this from happening, you will need to take two actions:
- Update your Shopify integration with ShipBob
- Choose a Fulfillment Service for each of your Shopify products fulfilled by ShipBob
Watch the following video (or scroll down) for step-by-step instructions:
How to update your Shopify store integration
- Of the Fulfillment Services linked to your store, you must link to ShipBob.
- If you have a Shopify store integrated with ShipBob that isn’t updated you will see a banner in the ShipBob dashboard reminding you to update your store.
- Click on the banner or go to "Your Account," then "Store Maint." (You may have to refresh your browser or log out and back in to see this tab.)
- You will see a list of all Shopify stores you have integrated with ShipBob that need to be updated.
- Click on the store that you want to update.
- You will be redirected to your Shopify account.
- Approve the new permissions for ShipBob on your store. If these permissions are not approved, we cannot identify the connection to the fulfillment service.
- When your return to your ShipBob dashboard, you will have a list of all of the fulfillment services on your Shopify account:
- If you do not have a list of all of the fulfillment services on your Shopify account, click “Have ShipBob create a Fulfillment Service for you."
- Once you click this, we will create the Fulfillment Service for you and you will see a confirmation dialogue that this was completed successfully.
How to choose a Fulfillment Service for each Shopify SKU
- You must choose the ShipBob fulfillment service option in Shopify for each SKU that ShipBob fulfills. Go to Shopify and navigate to Products.
- On the page for each product, find the Fulfillment Service dropdown and select ShipBob. Note: You must do this for each product ShipBob fulfills, so ShipBob can provide tracking and stock levels for orders containing these items. To select the Fulfillment Service for more than one product at once, follow these instructions from Shopify for bulk editing products.
- Please make sure you do not change your Fulfillment Service on Shopify after you do this.Note: If you choose a Fulfillment Service other than ShipBob for a product in Shopify, we will still import the order automatically and fulfill it. If you do not want us to fulfill that item, mark the product as digital from your ShipBob dashboard.
How to check your Shopify fulfillment service settings
This tool shows which fulfillment service option is applied to each product.
- At the top of the page, enter the email address and user key emailed to you on 8/13. If you do not know your email and user key, reach out to email@example.com.
- Select your Shopify store from the dropdown menu.
- On the left, you should see ShipBob under fulfillment services. If not, you need to assign ShipBob as a fulfillment service within Shopify to each of the products you want ShipBob to fulfill. Follow the steps under “How to update” below.
- If ShipBob is listed as a fulfillment service, click on it. You should see all of the products that ShipBob is set to fulfill on the right.If there are any products missing from that list, it means that ShipBob is not assigned to fulfill those products. Follow the steps below to update the fulfillment service for those products in Shopify.
Thank you for your help in making this change! For any questions, please contact our customer success team.