The Inventory Status page provides detailed information about your product inventory levels at ShipBob.
- Awaiting Restock - The quantity of items that have a WRO created for them but have not yet been stowed in a bin at a ShipBob fulfillment center. Please note this includes WRO boxes that are in any of the following statuses:
- Awaiting Arrival
- Partially Arrived
Once a box has been stowed in the fulfillment center, the corresponding received quantity from the box is moved to the On Hand status. An incomplete WRO is not included in the Awaiting Restock field.
- On Hand - The pickable quantity of items at each ShipBob fulfillment center. This includes items that have already been assigned to orders but have not yet been picked. Internal or external transit quantities (see the definitions below) are excluded from on hand calculations.
- Committed - The quantity of items that have been assigned to orders, but have not yet been picked.
- Internal Transit - The quantity of items being transferred between different ShipBob fulfillment centers.
- Back Ordered - The total quantity of items in all Exception orders.
- Fulfillable Inventory - The quantity of on-hand inventory that has not been committed to orders. See an illustrated example below.
On Hand (2987) - Committed (14) = Fulfillable Quantity (2973)
- Balanced Inventory - The combined quantity of fulfillable inventory, items awaiting restock, and items in internal transit, reducing back ordered quantities. Below is an example of how we calculate Balanced Inventory.
Awaiting Restock (50) + On Hand (2987) - Committed (14) + Internal Transit (500) - Back Ordered (0) = Balanced Inventory (3523)
- External Transit - The quantity of items being transferred from ShipBob fulfillment centers to external warehouses (e.g. Amazon).
- External Warehouse - The quantity of items in external, non-ShipBob fulfillment centers (e.g. Amazon) that are synced with ShipBob.