Pricing for prep on B2B/wholesale, prepaid, Amazon FBA, pick-up orders and all orders over 10 total picks are described here.
- **If your Ship Date falls on a non-business day (weekend or holiday), it will be ready for ship the following business day
- If using prepaid labels, a charge of $10 per label will apply.
- If you enter Insurance Value over $300, a signature will automatically be required and charged to the order.
- If any special instructions must be followed, please see step #6 below!
- If you want to create an order but need to use a prepaid label (not generated by Shipbob), we have a new feature that makes this simple!
When will the order be ready?
Per our turnaround times, B2B/wholesale orders will be processed within three business days (pre-noon local time) or four business days (post-noon local time).
B2B/wholesale orders are not ready for freight pick-up until BOLs have been attached to the order.
How it works
1. Go to the Orders tab
This will bring you to all of your orders in the Shipbob dashboard.
2. On the top right of the page, go to "New Order" and select "Business" -
3. Add the recipient by searching through previously saved contacts, or create a new one. You can now add "Company" field that is associated with a contact. Fill out the form to create a new contact and click on Next.
4. Select how you would like to ship the order. You can also exit the flow at any point and any completed step will be saved in a draft until you are ready to create the order. To come back, you can go to the New Order option on the Orders page.
5. Select how you would like to pay for the label. Note, if you like to purchase your own label, we will notify you after the order has been packed. The additional costs associated with this are outlined here.
6. You can now add special packing instructions specific to B2B orders, which will be reviewed in our operations dashboard for B2B orders. You can also upload Vendor Manual, P.O. or any additional attachments you would like to add with the order here (this option is also available later from Order Details page)
7. The next step allows you to add products to the order. You can either select a specific fulfillment center that you would like to fulfill the order from, or you can let us choose by selecting "Let Shipbob optimize for me". You can also add specific instructions for managing the products, which our operations team will be able to review.
8. Click "Next" to select the dates for reserving and shipping your inventory. Please note that shipping inventory date has to be at least 4 days from the reserve inventory date to allow operations to pick and pack your order. Your order will start processing when the reserve date is met. After it has been picked and packed, the order will move to on hold until the ship date is met.
9. Click Next to review your order.
10. Click on Create Order to place the order. If the reserve date has been met, the order will move to processing within a short time interval. If the reserve date has not been met, the order will move to on hold.