What does clean sweeping an order mean?
If you wish to re-import any orders from an e-commerce platform to ShipBob to reflect any updates in the order (e.g. - an internal rule being added to update products in your order once imported), you can utilize the clean sweep functionality. If you clean sweep the order, the order is removed from ShipBob so that you can re-import the order again from your store without creating a duplicate of the order. You will receive an email after completion of the bulk action.
1) Only orders that are in status Exception/On Hold/Processing (not picked) can be successfully clean swept. For any other status (e.g., Processing: Picked/Processing: Packed/Completed), the clean sweep action will fail.
How do I clean sweep orders?
1) Go to the Orders page and open the desired filtered setting.
Note: It is advised to filter down as specific as possible to ensure only the intended orders are clean swept.
2) To clean sweep, you can select individual orders as desired or all (i.e., all orders that meet the filters applied, across pages).
3) Click on Actions -> Clean Sweep Orders
Confirm you want to proceed by clicking 'Clean Sweep Orders.'
4) Please wait until you receive an email with the subject "Clean Sweep Action Summary" before performing any other actions on your orders.
Depending on the number of orders you are clean sweeping, the action can take 10-15 minutes to complete. If you have not received the email with the summary after 15 minutes, please contact ShipBob support.
Once you receive the email, check to see how many orders were successfully clean swept. If orders in your selection are not eligible for clean sweep, the email will provide a list of the order IDs that could not be clean swept. See the screenshot below from an example email.