What is WooCommerce?
WooCommerce is a plugin for Wordpress, a very common, open-source CMS (content management software). With Wordpress, you can build a customized website with a low- or no-code approach. WooCommerce allows you to add e-commerce features like payments, order management, etc. to your Wordpress store.
ShipBob offers a free, automated integration with WooCommerce so you can connect your store to our fulfillment service.
Requirements to use this Integration
- Only 1 WooCommerce store per ShipBob account
- Unique SKU values set in WooCommerce (highly recommended)
- SKU values, order numbers, and other unique values must be immutable (i.e. they must not change). If you need to change SKUs or order numbers, it can cause issues with your fulfillment.
- WooCommerce Tracking Plugin (described more here). This is required if you want to send tracking information to your consumers.
Product Catalog Sync:
- Sync products: As a part of the integration process you can choose ShipBob to sync existing products from your store to out dashboard. After the initial setup process, you can sync products again using quick setup. Orders containing products that are not synced to our dashboard will result in creating a new product automatically.
- Sync variants: Certain platforms have the option to create variants for their products. As ShipBob each variant is a product on its own. If the merchant uses variants we will sync them to our store as products. Example: Product: Hat, Variant: Blue hat, Variant: Red Hat. Note: Variants are optional. If they exist we will sync them and if they don’t exist we will sync the product.
- Unique Identifier: In order to match the product on WooCommerce to the product listed in ShipBob we use a unique identifier. This identifier helps our system to know which product to send out when an order is synced. When creating a product on WooCommerce, you can add amSKU. We highly recommend having a unique SKU for each product. The SKU you add will be used as a unique identifier. If you don’t have a SKU, we will use your WooCommerce product ID as your unique identifier. Note: If you change/add SKU after you sync your products. If you do Shipbob will create a new product, and that may result in order delays.
- Manual Sync Orders: The ability to sync orders from your e-commerce store. This process happens when you click on Sync Orders (Orders Page). We only show the following orders:Orders with a valid shipping address.Orders that are valid based on their rule configuration (if exist).Orders with the correct status: ProcessingThe shipping start date has met
- Auto Sync Orders: Sync orders automatically every 30 minutes. You can choose to sync orders placed at your store automatically by marking the relevant checkbox during the initial integration setup.
- Auto Sync Products from Order: Orders containing products that are not synced to our dashboard will result in creating a new product automatically.
- Use Ship Start Date to sync orders: Start shipping date is the date ShipBob will start to import and ship your orders. Ship start date can be a date which has already past (up to 120 days) or a future date.
Order Import Rule Conditions:
Conditions specify any restrictions or limitations applied to a rule. These are the conditions available to WooCommerce:
- Order Total in Dollars: The total amount paid. (including tax and any additional charges).
- Total Item Quantity: Total items per order.
- Shipping Country Code.
Order Import Rule Actions:
Actions specify the final outcome for rules. These are the actions available to WooCommerce:
- Add item to every order.
- Exclude order: Order will not sync to the ShipBob dashboard.
- Request signature on delivery: Domestic orders only.
Fulfillment Tracking Upload:
- Order Level Fulfillment Tracking: Once an order is fulfilled a unique tracking number is uploaded to the order details page that links to the carrier's website. This tracking number will automatically upload to your store and we will mark the order as fulfilled.
2 Day Express App:
- Show ShipBob 2-Day Rates as Check-Out: Display 2-days shipping rates at checkout for the end customer. **This feature is enabled upon request.