ShipBob provides merchants with standard packaging materials, these materials are FREE and non-branded. Alternatively, you can provide us with custom packaging materials to use instead.
Help us avoid pricing or shipping inconsistencies by updating your packaging preferences. Read more here.
Important Note: Other than the standard packaging materials described in this article, each FC has its own legacy box sizes. We are constantly revising our box selection to make sure we meet our merchant's needs.
We already started using the new, more efficient boxes network-wide to all fulfillment centers, and we will stop carrying the old boxes that are no longer part of our standard list.
Packaging Preferences:Reminder: Orders containing products with no packaging preferences set, will move to on-hold status and will not be fulfilled.
Note: Height when packaged may be greater depending on the items included in the order.
Dimensions Available (in inches & ounces)
FC Specific Boxes:
Ship In Own Container
Ship in Own Container is a type of packaging where the package’s design makes it possible for it to be shipped to the customer in the same packaging it arrived at ShipBob in. Please be aware that if multiple ship in own container items are part of the same order, final box type will depend on the discretion of our fulfillment associates.
While ShipBob's standard packing offerings will ensure your orders are delivered safely, we understand that some products may best fit in custom packaging containers.Custom packaging materials should be sent to any fulfillment center and stocked as an item (part of your inventory).
Important notes and limitations:
- We don't accept custom mailers that are larger than 18 inches in length or wider than 14 inches.
- Custom boxes or mailers must be at least 6 inches by 4 inches.
- Custom boxes must have a flat side that is at least 6 inches by 4 inches for the placement of a shipping label.
- Custom boxes cannot contain any markings that signify they contain hazardous material without written prior approval by ShipBob.
- Any special boxes that require folding of inserts or more than 8 folds must go through kitting.
Examples for custom packaging:
- Specific/custom box sizes.
- White/black/colored boxes or mailers.
- Branded materials or materials other than the mentioned above.
If you need custom packaging, please follow the instructions in this article .